Should I rent or own?
When you choose a new water heater, you can either rent it or buy it. Either way, there are some things to consider.
If you rent
- You pay a monthly fee for your water heater that typically includes installation and maintenance
- Your service agreement will offer 24/7 coverage if anything goes wrong
- You can upgrade your heater to meet your changing needs, such as a growing family
If you own
- You pay a one-time upfront cost vs. monthly payments
- You can save on the total cost of the water heater over its lifespan—talk to your retailer for details
- Many retailers offer financing and installation programs
For more information about owning vs. renting, see our blog post: Rent vs. Own: What is Right for Your Family?
GSW builds its water heaters to be safe, energy efficient and reliable.
Many components, like our exclusive Turbulator dip tube, are available on many models and can help maintain optimum efficiency and extend tank life by reducing sediment at the bottom of the tank.